Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dec 2013 - The Start of Something (fill in adjective)...

Having lived on a farm in southern Indiana, I enjoyed the benefits of harvesting healthy food grown from our garden. As such I want to teach others about the value, convenience, and benefits of growing local healthy food in their own back yard with a small system called Aquaponics.


So here's the starting point for me. 

This started as a 275 gallon IBC which I've cut the top off, turned it 
upside down to start converting into an aquaponics system.

Testing the filling progress, setting the water height...

Testing the drain...

I've added a venturi as part of the plumbing to add air into the system.
Filled with drainage rock.

Getting ready to plant some starter plants.


Stay tuned, more to come.  Happy Growing!


-T.C


No comments:

Post a Comment